Monday, September 14, 2009

Linux 2.6.31 breakages

A number of packages including lm_sensors and x11-drm fail to compile against Linux 2.6.31.  This is not surprising. It's the old version 2 generation of lm_sensors that fails and apparently the x11-drm package is out of date too. I'm not sure what's going on with stabilizing version 3 but I hope this issue speeds it up. I unmasked it a few weeks ago on my desktop and there are some problems with fancontrol/pwmconfig, but I haven't investigated in detail and the fan appears to be working as normal anyway.
A troubling issue I've noticed is that my laptop has a blank screen when it resumes from sleep. Something to do with the new forced enabling of the framebuffer? I'd been running vanilla-sources on my desktop for a couple of weeks in order to support the bleeding-edge radeon driver but had no problems there, presumably because I'm using a customized x11-drm package through the x11 overlay and so the framebuffer is not enabled. Hmm, should try enabling it and see what happens. For now I am sticking with 2.6.30 on the laptop. I have fought many battles to get suspend+resume working on the laptop, so I'll be looking into the cause of this problem soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment